For Teams Travelling to the World OK Dinghy Championships, Auckland New Zealand 2019.
We have partnered with local NZ shipping agents Oceanbridge.
Please carefully read the Oceanbridge information sheet also posted on our website – Oceanbridge Info Sheet Aug 2018.
The contacts at Oceanbridge are your first port of call for information or to answer any questions which you may have.
Otherwise the organising committee is represented by:
Philip Rzepecky – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean Coleman – Email: email@example.com
For your information:
- The containers will ultimately be delivered to secure storage at Fort Cautley, Vauxhall Road, Narrow Neck Beach, Devonport, Auckland. This is an active base of the Royal NZ Navy who have agreed to provide storage for the duration of the regatta.
- The storage location is close by the Wakatere boating Club so that the containers can be unloaded by teams and the boats wheeled to the yacht club on their beach trolleys.
- NZ Customs and Biosecurity requirements are strict;
- Please carefully read the sections relating to this in the Oceanbridge information sheet. Please note:
- No food at all can be stowed in the containers;
- All gear and boats must be very clean – no sand, shells grass, mud or gravel etc;
- Please do not stow with wooden framing, and where possible avoid wooden dunnage.
- We understand that Oceanbridge are negotiating the best possible shipping rates, and that this will include an agreement with the carrier that no container demurrage will be charged.