Wakatere Boating Club is proud to announce Symonite as the Title Sponsor for the upcoming OK Dinghy World Championships to be sailed from Wakatere Boating Club on Auckland’s North Shore, in New Zealand, in February 2019.
Since confirming the event will be held in New Zealand, WBC has been in discussions with many local Auckland businesses and it was the enthusiasm of Symonite and its owner John Cobb for the club, the OK Class and the Worlds concept, and their strong support for sailing in NZ, that shone through. We are delighted to have them partner with us as our Title Sponsor. We will be sharing more about the event, and Symonite, in the build up to February with the OK global and local communities.
Who are Symonite?
Symonite Panels Ltd is a highly experienced specialist supplier, fabricator and installer of Facade Systems for the construction industry. In fact, Symonite Panels has been designing and installing ACP Cladding systems since 1998. Using design and engineering capability developed over 30 years Symonite now also install a range of Façade Systems including Innowood, Reynodual Dual Laminated Aluminium and Frontek.
If you are looking to begin a building project or you work in the construction industry you can check out some of our projects across New Zealand at www.symonite.co.nz.
Early Worlds entry ends on 1 December
So far, more than 100 of the world’s best OK dinghy sailors have entered for the 2019 Worlds. For anyone yet to enter, note that early entry ends on 1 December, in just three days’ time. Late entries will incur a late entry fee, and are at the discretion of the organising authority.
If you intend to sail and have not already enter.
Wakatere will be holding the New Zealand OK Dinghy National Championship the weekend before the OK Dinghy Worlds to act as a World Championship pre-regatta. For more information please see the Wakatere National Championship website
Day 1 of the OK Dinghy Rum bucket was sailed yesterday. See the video here
The Notice of Race has been amended. This amendment is in regards to the entry date. Replacing item 3.2 Eligible competitors may enter by completing the online entry form at http://2019.okworlds.org
by 1st December 2018. See the ONB here
The OK Dinghy Worlds in 2019 is to adopt the “sailors for the sea” best practices to produce a clean regatta.
The Sailors for the Sea’s Clean Regattas programme is designed to assist events and local communities to adopt standards and practices that will mitigate the effects of unsightly and environmentally unsafe refuse. The programme defines 25 best practices with guidelines on how to run any water based event in a sustainable way.
For more information please see sailorsforthesea.org
For Teams Travelling to the World OK Dinghy Championships, Auckland New Zealand 2019.
We have partnered with local NZ shipping agents Oceanbridge.
Please carefully read the Oceanbridge information sheet also posted on our website – Oceanbridge Info Sheet Aug 2018.
The contacts at Oceanbridge are your first port of call for information or to answer any questions which you may have.
Otherwise the organising committee is represented by:
Philip Rzepecky – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean Coleman – Email: email@example.com
For your information:
- The containers will ultimately be delivered to secure storage at Fort Cautley, Vauxhall Road, Narrow Neck Beach, Devonport, Auckland. This is an active base of the Royal NZ Navy who have agreed to provide storage for the duration of the regatta.
- The storage location is close by the Wakatere boating Club so that the containers can be unloaded by teams and the boats wheeled to the yacht club on their beach trolleys.
- NZ Customs and Biosecurity requirements are strict;
- Please carefully read the sections relating to this in the Oceanbridge information sheet. Please note:
- No food at all can be stowed in the containers;
- All gear and boats must be very clean – no sand, shells grass, mud or gravel etc;
- Please do not stow with wooden framing, and where possible avoid wooden dunnage.
- We understand that Oceanbridge are negotiating the best possible shipping rates, and that this will include an agreement with the carrier that no container demurrage will be charged.
NoR published here
Entry form here
More info to follow soon
Point of contact: Dean Coleman
New Zealand delivery address:
Wakatere Boating Club
Narrow Neck Beach