The Notice of Race has been amended. This amendment is in regards to the entry date. Replacing item 3.2 Eligible competitors may enter by completing the online entry form at http://2019.okworlds.org
by 1st December 2018. See the ONB here
The OK Dinghy Worlds in 2019 is to adopt the “sailors for the sea” best practices to produce a clean regatta.
The Sailors for the Sea’s Clean Regattas programme is designed to assist events and local communities to adopt standards and practices that will mitigate the effects of unsightly and environmentally unsafe refuse. The programme defines 25 best practices with guidelines on how to run any water based event in a sustainable way.
For more information please see sailorsforthesea.org
For charter queries please contact
For Teams Travelling to the World OK Dinghy Championships, Auckland New Zealand 2019.
We have partnered with local NZ shipping agents Oceanbridge.
Please carefully read the Oceanbridge information sheet also posted on our website – Oceanbridge Info Sheet Aug 2018.
The contacts at Oceanbridge are your first port of call for information or to answer any questions which you may have.
Otherwise the organising committee is represented by:
Philip Rzepecky – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean Coleman – Email: email@example.com
For your information:
- The containers will ultimately be delivered to secure storage at Fort Cautley, Vauxhall Road, Narrow Neck Beach, Devonport, Auckland. This is an active base of the Royal NZ Navy who have agreed to provide storage for the duration of the regatta.
- The storage location is close by the Wakatere boating Club so that the containers can be unloaded by teams and the boats wheeled to the yacht club on their beach trolleys.
- NZ Customs and Biosecurity requirements are strict;
- Please carefully read the sections relating to this in the Oceanbridge information sheet. Please note:
- No food at all can be stowed in the containers;
- All gear and boats must be very clean – no sand, shells grass, mud or gravel etc;
- Please do not stow with wooden framing, and where possible avoid wooden dunnage.
- We understand that Oceanbridge are negotiating the best possible shipping rates, and that this will include an agreement with the carrier that no container demurrage will be charged.
Point of contact: Dean Coleman
New Zealand delivery address:
Wakatere Boating Club
Narrow Neck Beach
We are currently working on provisional information about the event. You can now view information regarding accommodation recommendations, organizing club information and the provisional dates for the competition.